Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The American poetry workshop

We sat in front of the sterling library

It was on July 9th, we sat on the blanket having cherries, surrounded by the grass, and then we closed our eyes, felt the breeze. It was in a poetry class, Stephanie suggested us to grasp every image inspired by the nature.
That was really an amazing experience. We Chinese student will never take such courses in our school ever.
In that afternoon, we were just like the elves seeking the fresh sparkling dew. We lied down on the grass, touched the trunk, and heard the music from the ice-cream truck. I enlarged my every sense and thought over and over, then tried my best to pick out the exact words to express my thoughts and feelings.
We were asked to write contemporary American poems, which is also hard for the native speakers. Actually, it would be my first time to have western poetry class, and creating a poem also added pressures on me. However, anxiety usually pushes one to advance.
So, I would publish my first poem here. If you have any comment, just feel free to leave your words here! =)

The cross campus


Dreaming in the reality

The cherry
Drips the freezing droplets on my lips
With its light orange peel,
Then, melts me by the sour and sweet.
It smells like a perfume brought by the gentle breeze.

The grass,
Half wet near the root,
Tickles and itches me.
The lamp 5 meters away
Embraced by 30 broken branches.

The glass windows
Reflects the color of the sky.
Inside, an orange light was kindled.

Hey,
my friend, can you see?
The sun is just rising from the horizon.

But
Accompanying with the exhausted scream from the engine,
This is the city
You stuck in.

The glass window 



We were sitting on the carpet and taking the class




No comments:

Post a Comment