Sunday, July 6, 2014

Lost in the rain

I was 7 years old, standing in the heavy rain, staring at the pink brim of my raincoat, and watching the raindrops slowly gathering together. I was lost.
At that time my parent allowed me to go back home on my own for the first time about which I felt very excited. That's because I would become the first girl who walked home independently among the class. When the class was over, I put on my pink rain coat and got ready to start the adventure. Though actually, it’s just about 20 minutes walk from my school to home. I turned left at the second crossing and believed that was the right way to go back home. But,it turned out that I was wrong. I hadn't seen the third crossing that I used to see, I didn't find the block opposite the street. So I went back to the starting point. However, when I tried to turn to another direction, I failed again. 
I just stood near the school gate, staring blankly, feeling the raindrops on my hands, watching the passersby waiting under the roof on the street while others were running to find an available place to hide. The honk of the cars mixed with the ‘pitter-patter’. I was totally lost. I could not do anything just hope someone can save me and my mum and dad wouldn't be so worry about me…

How does it end? I could not tell. All I remembered is the very moment that I feared, feeling helpless and lonely among the crowd.  
when I was 7 years old


my elementary school



So, now, I will always bring the map or the route in case I get lost again, and with the development of technology, the compass also benefits me a lot. =)
The Compass app on my iPhone




2 comments:

  1. so poetic. i love this. especially the picture that a little little girl wearing a pink raincoat, standing under the rainy grey sky. that's too poetic to be described by words. literature, more or less, have to convey some sense of sorrow to become elegant. at least that's what i believe.

    ReplyDelete