Thursday, August 7, 2014

Two months in Ghana


I was in Ghana, a West African country, for volunteer work. Everything there was so amazing, which is so different from China and also the USA. 
Everyone born in Ghana is an extraordinary dancer. The original source of contemporary hip hop is from the traditional dance of Ghana, the Azonton.

They danced on the Final meeting at the end of the semester
In the festival
  
In the party
Even in the funeral!!! They did enjoy every moment in their lives!

Then when it comes to the food, though it couldn't be comparative to Chinese food, it is better than the junk food. =P
Fish, onion, tomatoes were taking a bath together! lol

[FUFU!] It was the name of it. 
And also, Africa is famous for wild animals! But sadly, I haven't found any elephants there!
Just..

An elephant footprint

But there were still several interesting animals!

The real crocodile! They fed it a chicken before we could pull its tail!
Do you think I'm brave enough? NO!
I was terribly afraid, on the contrary, my friend just regarded the crocodile as a seat.

OMG!




Ostrich

These were really fantastic memories, which would never be diminished in my life time.
I love the students there, I miss them.
They are so curious about the world but they don't have the resources such as computers in their home.

And also, I worked in WAAF (West Afirca AIDS Foundation). If you are interested about what I they do, there's a short movie I made.



How time flies! One year has already passed but I still can recall the enthusiasm in Ghana, that's the very country which can be regraded as "no judge and no discrimination."


No comments:

Post a Comment